As I was combing through my bedroom closet, project o’the month, I found an old stack of cards, all 50 of them. Uh, not good enough.
So what’s a girl to do? Make something! Of course!
In honor of Valentines Day, I thought I’d whip up a little “game” to encourage loving, talking, and learning within our family.
Valentine Conversation Cards
1. Round up a bunch of cards from the Hearts Suit (one card per question desired).
2. Cover cards in card stock (on the non-heart side). I chose paper colors similar to the conversation heart candies.
3. To bring out all the love, write prompting questions and fun-loving action commands on the cards.
- Tell Mommy she is special
- Give Daddy a back rub
- Ask Papa to share a story from the past
- Call Grammy and say I Love You
- Hold Molly’s hand in yours
- Read with Ryan on the couch
- Tell about a time you showed love to someone
- How do you feel loved?
- What does it mean to show God’s love?
4. Store game cards in a basket, bin, bag or box. I chose to put mine in a heart box on the kitchen table.
5. Take turns picking a card. Enjoy conversation and let the love abound!
Have a good weekend! Happy Valentine’s Day! I’ll be back next week with some thoughts about how to speak your child’s love language.
“Remember, God loves you and so do I!” – Boz the green bear next door